5.07.2011

Entwined || Cover Recreation



 Book Summary:
Azalea is trapped. Just when she should feel that everything is before her . . . beautiful gowns, dashing suitors, balls filled with dancing . . . it's taken away. All of it.
The Keeper understands. He's trapped, too, held for centuries within the walls of the palace. And so he extends an invitation.
Every night, Azalea and her eleven sisters may step through the enchanted passage in their room to dance in his silver forest.
But there is a cost.
The Keeper likes to keep things.
Azalea may not realize how tangled she is in his web until it is too late. 


Original Cover

My Cover Redesign #1

I was inspired to use this photograph because it reminded me of the secret passageway Azalea and her sister's used. With a little bit of color re-touching and special effects, I enhanced certain colors and blotted out some of the green from the foliage and made it silver, to match the descriptions in the book. I wanted it to look as magical, yet natural as possible. What do you think?

My Cover Redesign #2

I really went all out with redesigning Entwined's cover! I rarely have the chance to whip out my photoshop skills, and using them to design a book cover is soo funnn!!! Anyways, with this second cover (even though a majority of the effects are the same) I tried to imagine Azalea herself instead of the scenic descriptions mentioned in the book. Blue is my favorite color, so I incorporated many shades of it in this new cover :) I think it suits Azalea though.

5 comments:

  1. I love your cover! Can you please link it using the linky-tool in the post you commented on? Thanks and good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh this is as gorgeous as the original cover! Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was inspired to use this photograph because it reminded me of the secret passageway Azalea and her sister's used. With a little bit of color re-touching and special effects, I enhanced certain colors and blotted out some of the green from the foliage and made it silver, to match the descriptions in the book. I wanted it to look as magical, yet natural as possible. What do you think?
    cow print bed sheets ,
    1000 thread count egyptian cotton sheets ,

    ReplyDelete